Thursday, December 30, 2010

pure excitement!

Wow! I am terrible at blogging... Good at reading others, but bad about keeping mine up... Oh well :)
So I can't sleep, so I thought I would do a quick catch up...
October 2...(I may have mentioned this once before:) best day of my life thus far... I got to marry this incredibly handsome man, who loves Jesus and loves me :)
Fast forward.... We spent Thanksgiving in Cortez, Colorado with his family... It was good, but hard being away from mine! Words cannot suffice for how thankful I am for my new family that God has blessed me with! I absolutely could not ask for better in-laws or a better bro and sis in-law... They are such a blast! I LOVE THEM!!! Curtis and I got home and put up Christmas decorations, and thanks to mom, we had a full house of them :) It was so cozy!

Fast forward....We spent Christmas Eve at our house with my brother, mom, and mike. I made Curtis' fav, chicken pot pie! We played games and enjoyed time together! My mom and I made cookies and home made cinnamon rolls... They turned out fabulous if you were wondering! :)

Rich, Cristie, and my bro stayed the night with us on Christmas Eve... and we all spend Christmas morning together! It was so nice to be home for our first Christmas together... the morning was the only time it felt like Christmas all season! Then RJ and Rach hosted Christmas day! We ate yummy food and played basketball because it was a good 50 degrees outside :) It didn't feel like Christmas, but I wasn't sad! Because Jesus is bigger then my feelings! Thank goodness!

So then on Sunday after church, Curtis and I rode up to Powderhorn with his parents! Powderhorn is the closest ski resort to us! We stayed up there until today! We had a blast skiing, eating, and playing games! We laughed so much!

We drove home today in a blizzard... I mean, of course there was no snow when we got home, but coming off the mountain was a white out!

Curtis and I put up all the Christmas decorations tonight and got everything cleaned up! Let me just brag on my incredible husband real quick... He is the biggest help ever... He did more then I could have asked of him! I am sooooo thankful for a man who does above and beyond!

Ok so, yes, it is almost one in the morning... but I CAN'T SLEEP... GUESS WHAT?!?!

JOHNNY, BROOKE, AND KINSLEY get here tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are staying with us til Saturday and then we are all driving over to Denver to go to the last Bronco game of the season and staying with Brooke's parents! YAY!!!!!!!

And on that note... I am going to try to sleep again... wish me luck! God is soooo GOOD! Thank you Lord for your incredible blessings!!

1 comment: