Thursday, October 14, 2010

Things are craaaazy right now!

It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks. We got married 12 days ago. It already seems like so long ago. Maybe because a lot has happened in the past couple weeks. Besides embarking on an incredible journey that the Lord has blessed me with, there have been a few other big things happen.

For our honeymoon, we went to Telluride, CO/ Mountain Village, CO. It was absolutely perfect. Everything about October 1-7 was indescribable. We had a about 190 guests at our stunning outdoor wedding. White tents, twinkle lights, in 75 degree weather, yummy food, dancing, with all (almost all) of my loved ones. Seriously, I do not know what more could a girl ask for? It was a perfect day.

We came back to reality, late Tuesday evening, to house full of presents and all of my things, still in boxes. Slightly overwhelming. :) Curtis and I, with the help of my sweet mom, are finally settled in to our great little condo. We are not completely done with things, but for now, it is perfect.

I got a very bitter sweet phone call last Thursday night. My Papa, who is very dear to me and my entire family, passed away. He went peacefully, but it was an incredibly emotional night. My mom and I drove as quickly as we could to say goodbye to him. His five children were there, along with me and a couple of my cousins. This may sound very strange, but there is something so precious about seeing grown children weep over their father, who is with the Father.

Through the deep sorrow with the loss of our grandpa, I just want to share what the Lord revealed to me the night before my Papa's funeral. He revealed it to me through a dream. The dream is vague, except for one part that is clear as clear can be; the part where I was watching my Papa run and jump with the biggest smile imaginable. He was free, free indeed. Thank You JESUS. Praise You Lord!!

On a completely different note, I am officially FULL time at work. So starting next week, I will have a solid 40 hour work week. Insane. It is a first for me. I feel incredibly blessed with this job and am so thankful that the Lord has me in this place.

It is the season to be thankful and that I am.

2 comments:

  1. I have goosebumps everywhere Sara- mainly b/c I believe the Lord DOES show us things through dreams sometimes... When I lost my dad I VIVIDLY remember a dream with my dad telling me he loved me and my mom and my sisters and he was HAPPY and that we would be fine, ETC, ETC, ETC- and as SAD as I was I just kept trying to think how HAPPY my dad is now and how WE are sad and that is understandable but we should never feel SORRY for ones that are with the Lord... b/c they are in BLISS- Praise the Lord!!! Sara I am so sorry that you won't have the opportunity to make more memories with your grandpa but I praise the Lord that you are seeing the big picture... I love you and am so proud of you and happy for you and your life.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, I remember this exact thing when my grandpa died!! We all were just standing over him and were so sad but yet we knew that he was no longer sick, no longer hurting, and was singing in Heaven with Jesus!!

    I am SO happy about your job and I am so happy about this wonderful new journey you are on!!!

    Can't wait to see you back in OKC in just a few short weeks!!

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete