Sunday, May 30, 2010

exactly a year ago...


A year ago today I landed in Vienna to start the amazing race with about 70 other interns. We raced through 4 different countries in 3 days. It was absolutely incredibly. Little did I know that the next 7 months of my life would be a priceless journey. It is really emotional for me to think about those 7 months of my life in Slovenia. The blessings that came and are continuing to come from that journey are impossible to explain other then the fact that I have a Savior that loves me dearly. I am in tears thinking about the love that Jesus has for me. It is actually really hard for me to accept because I know more then anyone that I am unworthy of His love. And that is why it is called GRACE. Trying to think about how to put into words everything that Jesus did for me while I was in Slovenia is quite impossible, but I will name a few because I want Him to have all the glory!

The biggest most tangible blessing is Johnny and Brooke. I kinda absolutely hate not doing everyday life with them. They have been the the most influential people in my life in more ways then I can count. For me, they have set the bar for what marriage should look like, for standards to live by, and for loving people. We got the opportunity to be completely vulnerable with each other, and through their vulnerability, it allowed my eyes to be opened to things Christ needed me to see. This is all in addition to, the many hours of prayer, provision, love, and sacrifice, they made for me to spend 7 months in their home. And its just a blessing that they will forever be a huge part of my life. I could go on and on, but won't :) Only God knows how much He used them. I don't even know it all yet!

Second, would be probably be just the desire that God stirred in me. I can honestly say that my desire to do ministry was really a result of being in Slovenia. I love that I get to serve Christ and do ministry as my job! There is nothing I would rather do!

Another thing that is not quite as tangible, but just as real, is my security. And really I am probably the only one who can tell a real difference but I am way more secure and open about who I am. And being able to freely communicate in my relationships about who Christ is and what He has done in me, is changing me! I have a different kind of confidence then I have in the past.

So there a few significant blessing, but I don't know if that's even scratching the surface. I have tools now to fight the enemy that I didn't know before. And I have truth that continues to shape me today!

Wow... I am incredibly thankful for the Lord's goodness and grace!

5 comments:

  1. Very well said. What a way to honor Johnny and Brooke as well as the Lord! I am so glad her brought you here for that time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sweet Sara! You did an unbelievable job honoring the Lord and everything you said about us goes right back to Him. God is amazing and I'm glad he allowed Johnny and me to be a part of your journey! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara I loved this post... my heart hurts FOR YOU b/c I know what its like to yearn for a "time" again... but wow.. The Lord has shown you SO MUCH and you are BEYOND BLESSED, thank you for always being the best inspiration to me. love yooooooooou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that where you were is only an extension of where you are now. You are an incredible gift to the people you are around every day!

    ReplyDelete