Monday, April 26, 2010

good news!

I had a conversation with one of the most influential mentors in my life (misty jaggers) before I moved to Colorado in faith. (That was a lot of prepositions in one sentence and is probably a run-on sentence. I probably should have paid more attention in 6th grade when we learned about them... oh well)

Anyway, I remember saying to her, I am not sure what Colorado holds for me, but I am SURE God's plan is bigger and better then I can imagine! Well, to be completely honest, I haven't really felt that the past few months I have been here.... Until last Monday... The church offered me another day of work and free housing! Which is huge! It is a pay raise, but more then that, it means privacy, no more commuting, being able to get more of a consistent community and schedule, and being able to do so much more!!

So on top of all of these huge blessings, there is something more. A huge desire of my heart lately, about the past year or so, has been to be a part of resident life again. I miss college, dorm life, and just that dynamic kind of living. Ok I don't really miss the sharing a room in a dorm, but there is something that is so dynamic about it all. I have this desire to be a resident director one day. And that could be because my RD was and is one of the biggest blessings in my life. She has no idea how much the Lord has used her in my life over and over again!

Ok so all that to say that I will be in charge of 5 summer interns starting in May! I will have two girl interns and 3 guy interns living in the intern house with me. Don't worry, girls and guys are separated!! I AM SO EXCITED! When the position was offered to me, my heart immediately just jumped at the idea! So I told them I wanted to pray about it first, and I did, and accepted on Wednesday! I will be moving to Grand Junction around May 20th! YAY!!!

God is faithful, even when I am not. THANK YOU LORD! AMEN!

2 comments:

  1. SARA!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! The Lord has had you on my mind SO MUCH these past few days/weeks and now I know why! He was working on something SO BIG and SO AWESOME for you. Those interns have no idea how lucky they are to get to work under you. What an incredible blessing on both sides of that deal! I am counting down the days until I get to hug that neck of yours again. Please let me know if you are going to have any free nights when you come for Amy's graduation because I'd love to get all the girls together for a girls night if you have any time at all. LOVE YOU and continuing to pray for God's unbelievable plan for your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SARA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This makes me SO SO SO SO SO SO excited for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete