Friday, September 25, 2009

I love the smell of clean laundry!

Just needed a change! You like it??

Warning: this could be a pretty random blog!

One... I rolled my ankle last tuesday when i was running on a trail that really wasn't meant for running probably, but more like hiking... normally this wouldn't be that big of a deal, except for the fact that I am training for a 1/2 marathon and its in exactly one month from today! I have been a little discouraged with running this race. I feel like so many things keep tripping me up, literally :) So, I originally started training with a partner and she can't run it anymore. I decided I wouldn't quit. I continued my training and got up to 8 miles into training and then the next day, I rolled my ankle... I let the swelling go down before I was going to try to run on it! (It was pretty huge, I promise I wasn't just being a baby) The morning I was going to go run, I woke up feeling sick, like sinus crap! The Lord answered my prayers by healing that sickness quickly! So yesterday I got up feeling better and went running... UGH... I only ran for like 15 minutes and had to stop... I had an ankle brace on and it was bothering my foot and it was kind of cool outside and my lungs were just hurting... Needless to say, I came home pretty discouraged and my motivation for running is dying!! But last night I talked to kel and she said she had to take 2 weeks off because of shin splints 3 weeks before she did a 1/2, so she gave me some encouragement! I CAN'T GIVE UP!!

on to the next order of business!
I L.O.V.E reading blogs... I think it may be my favorite past time :) so thank you for those consistent blog writers!! and i guess thats all I have to say about that!

next... I thank God for technology every day of my life. Skype is genius! My cousin Danny just got a new computer and getting to see him and my aunt Michelle made my day yesterday! I couldn't stop smiling! They were at my aunt's cabin and it made my heart warm slash sad to feel like I got to be there for a few minutes! Then later on, I was doing my usual skype-ing with my sis (who I miss more then words can say) and when she answered, to my surprise, it was not troy sitting on her lap, but my sweet cousin Braxton! I haven't seen him since May and he is HUGE and has so many teeth and just kept smiling, like the happiest baby ever! It was such a great day! It is kind of like I get to be in two places at once! And I had a great day with a few girls here, clear across the ocean! I grabbed coffee with a couple girls in the morning and then spent some time walking around the city checking out cafe's. Then had pizza with a different couple girls and had a great time with them!! Incredible!! Ohhhh ANDDDD, Sharon, who I nannied for all last year sent me a few video's of the kiddos from her Iphone and they are getting huge and it seriously made me sooo happy!! Uhhh! Loved it!

Ingrid Michaelson (who is my favorite), Regina Spektor, and Colbie Caillat= ALL have great new music out! You should check it out! And a new girl that I listen to is Priscilla Ahn. Just if you want some good new music! I promise I like male vocals too! But it just happens that right now these artists have new music out! But right now my favorite song is not from any of these people... its I Have Found by Kim Walker!

Ok well... I know I had more to talk about but I can't remember anymore... I think tonight we are having people over to watch a movie and hang out! Life is GOOD! Really... I serve the most loving, gracious God! It seriously brings me to tears sometimes! He wants good things for us, He wants to bless us, why do I ever doubt that?

I wanted to put a picture up because Kelly said that blogs are boring without pics but I cant seem to find one... Ohhh here is a random pic to go with my random blog of the day!
This is Delaney, who I babysat last year! And she makes me laugh :)

5 comments:

  1. love this random blog!! and I too LOVE reading blogs, it's actually my current favorite thing, I've been building my collection the past few weeks. do you use GoogleReader? it's awesome. and if you get on it we can share things that we follow! aaaand I just also wanted to say that I LOVE Regina and Ingrid too, loove. glad life is GOOD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED this blog sara- I know I always say that.. BUT really I love all the random little things you know? THOSE are the things that make you feel "caught up" in peoples lives ;) okay so who am I listening to on your blog right now? lol or is it maybe from crystal or sara thompons blog that is pulled up too I just can't tell yet... it is a guy.. love it ;)

    okay I love you so much and will you send me the blogs you LOVE reading all the time? b/c I love reading blogs too!

    also sara- seriously DON'T give up- tell me when your 1/2 marathon is please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am so encouraged that you are running that 1/2 marathon and i KNOW that you can do it!! and yes, I love skype so much!! it's like, for 5 seconds, that person is there with you, talking and it's like they were never gone! add me? michmeisner@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look! I can comment again! I figured it out. It's my server (alltel)... So when I go to Panera, like now, I can use their server and write on your blog. Wow, genius!

    Keep running girl-- I mean as long as your not about to break that ankle. You are such an inspiration to me! I remember when you taught me to run just 2 miles... and then 3 one night (lots of stopping and gasping for air and clutching of my side, but you made me do it)!

    I love you and can't wait to check out the music your talking about when I get some down time soon... I'm off to take a test now. LOVE YOU DEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sara im OBSESSED with Regina's new album. How awesome is Laughing at God?? I also love Priscilla Ahn!! I saw her last year with, dont be jealous, AMOS LEE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete