Tuesday, April 14, 2009

phil. 2:3

life is funny. people are funny. the things we do... the things we do out of selfishness or angry or sadness... we are strange people. dont you wonder... why the heck did i just do that? or why the heck did he/she/ they do that? i think probably about 95% of my mistakes are made out of pure selfishness to try to make myself feel better. how gross. how does God not get so fed up with forgiving me? how does He not get tired of picking me back up and setting me on my feet time after time? i get sick of myself for crying out loud, HOW DOES HE NOT? i mean i know i deserve a good kick in the butt most of the time... and maybe occassionally i will get that, but the majority of the time God just says, 'sara, get up. i forgive you. i love you. no. matter. what. i'm not giving up on you, so dont give up on yourself.' Lord, teach me to 'do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility, to consider others better then myself.' -phil 2:3 and give me the strength to do that.

1 comment:

  1. 1) You are amazing and so selfless, You babysit four days a week for free! You are a blessing in my life!

    2) I thought you were quoting a book, this was is inspiring!

    3) I love you and everything about you, even when you need a kick in the butt, need forgiveness, need a smile, need a friend, need a sistr!

    4) You are my sistr and I could not have asked for a more selfless, wonderful sistr!

    5) You have more strength than you even know!

    ReplyDelete