Tuesday, May 5, 2009

3 WEEKS and counting!!!

So I discovered that blogging is a bit overwhelming and that is why I haven't in awhile! How do you decide what is worthy enough for spending time blogging about that maybe, just maybe, a few people would like to read about!

Well I did find something that is worth my time in sharing! And its all because my friend Becca told me to :)

This Thursday evening I am having a dessert benefit thing for raising my financial support. I still have about half way to go in the large amount of $14,ooo. But can I just be real honest right now! The Lord has given me a peace beyond understanding about this large amount of money, and not just the money but about His call for me right now! I think a HUGE part of that peace is because of the community that the Lord has blessed me with! For this fundraiser, there are approximately 20 people helping bring this all together by bringing desserts, drinks, paper goods, etc. A couple is playing music for me, someone is helping welcome people, people helping me set up and get every detail worked out!!

The way that I got the room was totally from the Lord! Or more the fact that it is actually going to be FREE!! That is a miracle in and of itself. But why am I surprised, when I know how God is faithful! I called a few churches and one simply would not let me and one cost a lot of money to just use a room. But my good friend Katy Bradley suggested the Hearth Room at SNU and every detail has worked out beautifully! At first I was going to have to pay just like $10/hour for this room which is the best deal I have found and then I was maybe going to have to pay for catering and the Lord opened doors where I do not have to pay one penny!!! Wow!! But I have said from the beginning of this whole process, I am believing before I see, which is totally just practicing faith! (NOT THAT I HAVE IT DOWN) BUT He has been faithful throughout this whole journey! I won't lie and say I haven't worried or stressed at some points, but the Lord has just continued to reassure me that He isn't leaving me and He is bigger then anything I could dream up!

So I am leaving for SLOVENIA in exactly 21 days. Well actually I will fly into Vienna for training and then go to slo a few days later I think? ha!! Ahhh I am so excited!!!

Say a prayer :)

Lataaaa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment