Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pure excitement!!

(This is where I am right NOW, on the top floor! The view is unreal but pictures will not do it justice. It is absolutely breathtaking!!!)

So today we started training for this summer!! And it has made me so excited and confident in my decision to be here and invest 7 short months of my life doing this! We first had a session about our theme for the summer which is "Stories", I think :) In which, is how we will be sharing the Gospel at camps this summer. Caesar Kalinowski is part of a church in Tacoma, Washington called SOMA, I believe, and is just a very powerful teacher of the Word! He is taking us through the story of God and I have already been moved by it! I am excited to continue learning more about the Lord in a new and fresh way!! We also had our first session on teaching English and it seem a little challenging but so exciting! It is amazing to me how much I take for granted the fact the I am from the US and that speaking English is a dream of so many people outside of the states! I am thankful that the Lord is using my native language to connect with students in Eastern Europe to futher His Kingdom!! Something that I think is no big deal, God uses to move and change people! Man, I have a long ways to go!! I am so inadequate to be here, but God uses our willingness to be used by Him!

So I feel like there is still so much to tell, but obviously do not have time to tell every detail... So if you have more specific questions, email me at sara.schakelaar@gmail.com and I will do my best to answer :)

Please know that I feel your prayers over me and for that I am soooo thankful!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Hey Sara girl. I found your blog. The link you put in your e-mail was not quite right. I think you put in a few more periods than necessary. But I googled your name with "blogspot" and found the right link. I'm bookmarking you under friends and family. It looks very beautiful there. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your blogs and praying for you- i'm so happy for you sara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara,

    You are incredible. What an inspiration of how to follow the will of the Lord and experience his plan for your life!

    Jessy Burton

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Sistr, I'm so glad you are having fun! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete