Friday, June 5, 2009

1. repentance

So Dave Patty is the founder of JV and has such a gift for sharing the Word of God in a refreshing and challenging way! He spoke about five things we need to take with us as we go into this summer and forever really :) But I just want to cover the first one right now...

Repentance... (Not an easy message to hear, right?) BUT this is what prepares the way for the work of the Lord. The Lord really opened my eyes to a lot of sin in my life I had not recognized. But let me tell the joy in this... 1 John 1:8- confess, He is FAITHFUL to forgive.

Repentance is NOT:

remorse- feeling bad about something... I feel bad about ______
regret- wishing you hadn't done ______
repair- I'll fix that or do better next time
(These 3 things are so easy for me to do and to think that its all better but that isn't what repentance is)

We need to really call the sin what it is... Call it what the Lord would call it. And then dunk it, cleanse it, baptize it, in Christ. And then TURN and head the other direction.

The hope of the message, THE POWER OF REPENTANCE BRINGS FREEDOM!!!

True repentance:
restores relationships (Isaiah 59: 20-21)
produces healing (Psalms 32:5-9)
brings blessing (Matthew 3:

So I pray that God makes me repentant because this is what prepares the way of His work . I want my life to be so full of Him, that there is no room for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment