Monday, June 15, 2009

YET...

"Yet, the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show me compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are ALL who WAIT for him." -Isaiah 30:19

Justin (the pastor of Calvary Chapel which is the church I attend here in Celje) spoke on Isaiah, chapter 30, Sunday and I feel like from this verse the Lord revealed some things to me. There is a part of my life that is in waiting and to be honest, I feel pretty impatient and a part of me doesn't believe that He will provide. So yesterday, I spent some time before Lord, kind of wrestling with this. He has been so patient with me as He allowed my eyes to see to what is true and to see what lies I was believing. As I was having a hard time giving this part of my life FULLY to the Lord, I started to think to myself, "Okay, what is true and what is not true about what I am believing right now?" I was believing that the Lord would not provide. I was believing that I knew better. I was believing that I needed to be in control. Then as I asked the Lord to reveal truth to me and this is what I began to see...

ONE, that the LORD ALWAYS provides. I never go without. "...but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us with everything for our enjoyment." -
1 Timothy 6:17
TWO, the Lord gives PERFECT gifts. "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father..." - James 1:17
THREE, God has PERFECT timing. "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" -Esther 4:14
FOUR, His plan is ALWAYS better then mine and better then what I think or imagine. "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..." -Ephesians 3:20

These are specific verses that at one point in my life, the Lord has used to reveal truth to me. So these are things that not only, God has said through his Word, but also things that I have personally experienced. And they are just a few of the promises that I am standing on!
Here are a few more :)
Psalm 27:14
Psalm 130:5
Psalm 40:1
Romans 8:25

And not to say that I still won't struggle and everything is going to be easy... BUT I have truth to turn to in those moments of weakness! So maybe that is a little encouragement for you today :)

Much love from sunny celje!!! :)


3 comments:

  1. you are such an amazing young lady, that I know GOD is going to use in amazing ways, and provide for all your needs and the desires of your heart!! His ways are always so perfect. Glad He's given you so many promises and that they are helping you through these times!! Love you! Lacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. that was inspiring sara.
    thank you for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete