Friday, June 19, 2009

yay!!!!

SO... yesterday and today we set up a table with flyers to advertise for camp and handed them out to teenagers in the center (equivalent to a downtown area). We feel like it has been a success... We thought that even if ONE student signs up to go to camp, it would be worth our hours of handing out flyers!! WELLLLLLLLLLLLL GUESSS WHAT??!?!?! We had one sign up!! And she said that her friend is going to sign up as well!!! I think right now we have around 22 students signed up! So its a total success!!! (And we are doing the same thing 3 days next week too)

There was a group of teenagers that were kinda hanging out with us and I (with the help of Brooke's pushing) started up a conversation with a girl named Maja. We talked for awhile... just basic things because she doesn't know a ton of English but can definitely hold a conversation! I really feel encouraged that she simply just talked with me... cause yesterday she didn't want to have a conversation with us at all!! So for whatever reason, she decided to come stand by me today and I got a chance to start getting to know Maja!! Then Johnny made friends with another student and I think they are grabbing coffee tomorrow!! This is what its all about!!!

3 comments: