Thursday, June 11, 2009

Update!!

I have now been in Celje for over a week!! And it has been awesome!! It is a little slow right now because the kids are still in school, so we have been doing random stuff. We made a list of supplies for camp and went through the themes for each night! It is going to be so fun!! One night is an Asian theme and Brooke and I might learn a giesha dance :)

We had a prayer meeting Wednesday morning and Bible study that night. It was about the Holy Spirit and was a great time of learning for me!! Other then that I have just had time to get adjusted to Celje.

So lately its been coffee shops, learning a few Slovene words, running, picking cherries, birthday parties, church, and picking cherries!! Oh btw, Brooke and I signed up to run the half marathon in Ljubljana in October!!!!! We have already started training and she is great with pushing me!! It is such a blessing to have her and to have the ability to run!!! Thank you Lord for the ability to run!!

Picking cherries is a highlight because we get to climb this huge awesome cherry tree and then make YUMMY homemade cherry pie from scratch!!!! Thursday was awesome!! We picked about 12 pounds of cherries from the cherry tree and pitted like half of them, including the worms! YUCK!!! But they are still yummy!!

Then went on an incredible hike!!!! SOOOO MAD that the camera I brought to take pics with DIDN'T have my memory card so I have NO pictures to show for the incredible hike I took. But I will do it again soon bc it was awesome and challenging and BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Friday we went to Ljubljana to help the Patty's, a missionary family here, with their house they just bought. They completely gutted it and are now renovating it. So Johnny and I sanded 5 door frames and I primed almost an entire room by myself. (Brooke was at softball practice). It may not sound like much but sanding little tiny cracks and crevices is not easy, but we did it with the joy of getting to serve!!

Today is Saturday and has been a really busy, but great day!! We left at 8 this morning to go the the warehouse to sort out camp supplies! It was a little overwhelming but got me really excited for camps!!! We were doing that til about noon. Then we had a staff cookout and celebrated Rachel's birthday! Brooke and I got sunburned! Josh Patty, who is our country leader, prayed with us and we had a great talk just about this summer and the road ahead of us. He said expect trials because we are going onto a battle field that is opposing the enemy. We will experience really big, significant, eternal things in a very small country. Something that one of the other missionaries, Joel said, was that some kids will have NO IDEA how simply registering for camp will completely change their life forever. I am so exciting to get to be a part of God's kingdom building!!!

So then we left from there to go to another birthday party for a girl from church! Her name is Polona and she is awesome!! I am hoping that she will be my translator at camp!! I played with a PRECIOUS little girl named Naomi and she wore me out!! Haha it was so funny watching her try to say one, two, three with me right before I would throw her in the air!! She is not quite 2 yet and just about the cutest thing ever!! So after a very long day, I am finally sitting on the couch trying to catch up with emails, getting ready for bed and for church tomorrow!
NIGHT!!!!

6 comments:

  1. love your updates! everything sounds so fun and exciting, I'm so glad you're having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty sure if I counted all the exlamation marks used in this post, the Associated Press would deem it rubbish. HOWEVER, I LOVED it! You are so cute! I can just feel your excitement and joy as I read it. Keep em coming!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha... its so true!! I cant help it though, I think its habit and I really want people to feel the excitement :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your updates are so inspiring! So proud of what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. saraaaaaah keep up the !!!!!! :) I wouldn't be able to read your tone without it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i wonder if your camp is gonna be better or worse than Camp Wow. probably worse, oh wait. NOT! im so proud of you Sara. OH and i feel you on the sanding. i had to sand our whole dresser, talk about about tiiiiiiiiiiiiny crevises!!! love

    ReplyDelete