Saturday, June 27, 2009

ONE FULL MONTH!

So how am I now that I am a month into living in Slovenia? Loving it! Thank you for asking :) It has been a very enjoyable first month. Of course, I have my moments that I miss home and friends and family, but I wouldn't trade where I am for anything! Why get in a hurry, if you are where you want to be? I feel blessed beyond words to be here.

Camp is quickly approaching... We leave on July 5th. We had a team meeting yesterday, just talking out logistics. I have been working on my English lessons for class. I am excited! I think it will be fun! However, I know why I didn't pick the profession of teaching :) Even though this is a lot different because its more just like planning activities to have conversational English! I just don't have the gift of creativity like many of my friends, so its interesting!!

Today, I really felt like I lived in Europe because I took the train all ALONE. I helped the Patty's with some cleaning at their new house they are renovating. Johnny and Brooke are the photographers for a wedding all day and night, so they dropped me off for the day! Apparently, Slovene weddings are long... Brooke just said the activities are going on until wee hours in the morning... so I have gotten some time alone... ANYWAY... back to my train experience all by myself. I just took a train from Ljubljana to Celje and I really enjoyed it. I was a little nervous about getting on the right train but it was no big deal and the ride was so enjoyable. I read my awesome book, "A Voice in the Wind" by Francine Rivers, its a trilogy and cant put it down!! Check it out if you are in need of an awesome novel!! It was a beautiful ride. So we get to Celje and I was just going to walk home because its not that far from the train station... well I forgot my UMBRELLA and walked home in the rain... but for some reason I enjoyed it... I did a little singing in the rain :) It helped me feel a little bit of indepence and confidence about living in another country!!

I just talked to Andrea for almost 2 and a half hours on skype... it was so refreshing and awesome... it was seriously like we were just hanging out together... I was finishing up broccoli salad and did all the dishes and hung up my laundry and brushed my teeth while we talked... and she cleaned her room and ate lunch... I am SOOOOOO incredibly thankful for technology!! And for my incredible friend Andrea Green!! She is one of the most caring people I know and has the biggest heart for ministry!! It is really encouraging to see her desire to serve! One of the biggest desires of my heart is to do ministry with her someday. Lord knows :) we talk about it often!! Anyway... I love you Andrea and I know that the Lord has INCREDIBLE things in store :) Thank you for your heart and friendship. Don't know what I would do without you!!! LOVE YOU!!!

Ok thats all for now!! I gotta work on my lesson plans :)

4 comments:

  1. Saraaaaaa! I am so glad you are loving Slovenia. I miss you tons! Glad to see that you had some alone time on the train. We all need summa that! :) Ok so I have skype, but I'm not so sure how to use it... Can you message me on facebook and give me the run-down? I know how to log in and everything, just not really how to call you on it. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the update- love you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your blog sara! I am glad you are loving slo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love reading your blogs. i feel like i get to talk to you. i miss you so so much sara. i get tears in my eyes thinking about it. i love you!!!

    ReplyDelete